Too Much

Sometimes, there's just too much.

Too much going on in life to be able to do everything on your list.

Too much to do to think very much about what is going on in life. It's a vicious cycle.

I started a new job about 10 days ago. It's a huge change for me. Getting ready for my last day at the old job was two weeks of working in double-time. I don't like to leave a mess behind me if I can avoid it. It was also two weeks of preparing to part with close working friends. I really, really miss those awesome women.

The new job presents a whole new set of challenges. For one thing, I need to learn a new "language". I speak plumbing. I speak insurance. I used to speak restaurant but that's been a while. Now I need to learn to speak propane! New people, new software... new new new!

And then.Then.

After 13 years of struggling over the title of "Dominant Female", the race ended. We had to put down our old O.C.D. Australian Cattle Dog, Ruthie. That was a difficult day, I must say. We discussed her downward spiral often and wondered if the day was coming when we would have to make that tough decision. Last Friday it was no longer a matter for discussion. The time was clearly at hand.

Our young dog, Chloe, keeps checking Ruthie's favorite napping spots. When she's convinced that Ruthie isn't here, she lays down abruptly in what looks a lot like a teenager throwing herself on the bed to cry.

I understand the feeling.

Give me a little time to find my new stride, and I'll be back to posting regularly. Meanwhile, give your dog a hug.

Ruthie. 1999 - 2013



Comments

  1. Hey, Trish. I know I'm a little late here, but consider yourself hugged. I lost my doggie about 15 years ago, and sometimes I still think I hear his collar jingling in the hallway. It's so hard to say goodbye to them.

    I haven't been doing as much blog-reading as I like because I've got too many irons in the fire, but it's always good to get back to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh. I only just saw this. Came by to tell you I finally posted that interview we did last year and give you the link... Now I need to hug my puppy. If I could hug you, I would. All the time. :( Hope you're feeling better. http://paigenolley.wordpress.com/2013/10/07/interview-with-author-patricia-iles/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit me! I truly appreciate your comments!

Popular Posts