Wine to Try - Cupcake Angel Food

I bought this one in honor of my granddog, Cupcake.

Or I bought it because it was on sale?

Or because it sounded like the Kool-Aid, sweet, soda pop kind of wine that Sweet Hubs likes?

Maybe it was all of the above.

It is Cupcake Vineyards' Angel Food. I liked it very much, but it isn't what I expected at all. The name "Angel Food" conjured up an image of a light, fruity and maybe hint-of-vanilla wine? That isn't what I tasted at all. This was a lot more of a complex, sunset on the beach kind of wine. It is a sweet wine, but it isn't soda sweet like I expected.

If you're feeling a little winter-affected, wishing for warm sunshine and tan lines, I would suggest you pop "Under the Tuscan Sun" in the old dvd player and have a glass of Angel Food. Very nice, would pair beautifully with getting a foot massage while eating a box of chocolate-covered strawberries. Would also go wonderfully well with a winter cheese tasting kind of affair.

Cupcake Vineyards' Angel Food. A lovely sip. Cheers!

My disclaimer:
Bear in mind that no one connected with any of the wineries I might mention here knows who I am. Of course, if they appreciate what I have to say and want to forward along cases of wine, I won't mind. I won't hold my breath, waiting for that day, either. :-)

My rating system:
Sip: a nice wine, goes deliciously with (or IN) food. I enjoyed it.
Guzzle: my idea of a nice sociable wine. The kind of thing I am happy to drink out of cheap plastic cups, sitting around the campfire, or out of a cool stemless glass while enjoying the company of someone I care about.
White Elephant: it isn't like drinking kerosene, exactly, but does not suit my taste. I'll pass it along to someone who might like it. This rating will mean more to you if you agree with my Sip and Guzzle ratings!
Drain-O: this stuff could hurt someone, so I'll send it to the wastewater treatment plant, via the kitchen drain. Maybe it will disinfect the p-trap, while it's in there.

Comments

Popular Posts