Wine to Try - Chenin Blanc

I haven't visited this topic in a while. I've been in more of a Guinness mood of late. But last night I had the last glass from a bottle of very-affordable, ever so pleasant Beringer Chenin Blanc.
Yes, Beringer is in the "cheap wine" section at our local grocer, and that is one of my favorite places to start. I am fully in favor of cheap wines and if I ever run for president, it will be on that platform. I am a big fan of affordable, happy, shiny wines like this. Beringer also makes a wonderfully nice White Merlot that makes my skirt fly up. 

Beringer Chenin Blanc is a basic standby for me, especially now that the weather is warming up to tan lines and cool tubs. It is light, fruity, easy on the palate, and it doesn't pack such a punch that I end up embarrassing myself. (Like I really need wine to help me with that....)

If you feel like slipping into a sassy white bikini and a giant, floppy sunhat (maybe in a lovely shade of coral), and munching on a chilled fruit salad, this would be the perfect wine to sip in the sun. Or even guzzle, which is what I'm rating it.... A GUZZLE! 



My disclaimer:
Bear in mind that no one connected with any of the wineries I might mention here knows who I am. Of course, if they appreciate what I have to say and want to forward along cases of wine, I won't mind. I won't hold my breath, waiting for that day, either. :-)

My rating system:
Sip: a nice wine, goes deliciously with (or IN) food. I enjoyed it.
Guzzle: my idea of a nice sociable wine. The kind of thing I am happy to drink out of cheap plastic cups, sitting around the campfire, or out of a cool stemless glass while enjoying the company of someone I care about.
White Elephant: it isn't like drinking kerosene, exactly, but does not suit my taste. I'll pass it along to someone who might like it. This rating will mean more to you if you agree with my Sip and Guzzle ratings!
Drain-O: this stuff could hurt someone, so I'll send it to the wastewater treatment plant, via the kitchen drain. Maybe it will disinfect the p-trap, while it's in there
.



Comments

Popular Posts